From: purdy at tecman.com (Curt Purdy)
Subject: [inbox] Re: Hard drive images

Actually the prefered method is to dd one or more copies for forensics and
use the orginal in court if you are able to immediately shut that box down
afterward.  However if it is a mission-critical that cannot immediately be
brought down, it is preferrable to use that first copy for evidence and make
multiple copies of it for forensics.

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke