From: LevinsonK at STARS-SMI.com (Levinson, Karl)
Subject: [despammed] RE: Automating patch deployment

I've heard this argument many times, and for me it holds no water.  You need
to test your patches no matter how you push them out, period.  Testing
patches and automating patch installation are two different issues and are
*not* mutually exclusive.  The real question is, would you rather have an
easier way to push out updates so that your staff has more time to test
patches thoroughly?

Automation of update patches? Not on your Nellie! I would have a machine
download patches and try installs on it before I felt comfortable about
passing them on to others.