From: james.greenhalgh at worldpay.com (James Greenhalgh)
Subject: [normal] RE: Windows Dcom Worm planned DDoS

Interesting solution, but it doesn't address a couple of possible
problems, firstly - how many hosts would they need?  Secondly - can
their link cope, no amount of front end victim boxes will help them
there - if you get to filter a packet, the bandwidth damage has already
been done.  All depends on whether or not the 15th is mass explosion, or
a cheap firework really.  I dont think M$ want the bad press of
poisoning the DNS until Christmas either ;)

As an aside, it was really about time that someone slapped them in the
face with something like this, that's visible enough for the suits to
notice.

james