From: geoincidents at getinfo.org (Geo.)
Subject: Firewalls

One of the most recent security fixes for Windows 2000 breaks Atguard on a
dual homed machine. The symptoms are browsers that download partial pages,
incomplete downloads, etc.

anyway, it appears it's finally time to move on from atguard and I was
wondering if anyone here has any suggestions for something simple and
similar. I have been playing with tiny firewall 5 and it's just got so much
default stuff configured for specific applications that I can't see even
trying to straighten that mess out, and I enjoy configuring firewalls..

My biggest requirement is I want to block on an application by application
basis, so for example I can allow OE to connect to my mail server on ports
25 and 110 but not 80 and not any other IP addresses so that I can block
things like webbugs. Also since I'm dual homed it's important to be able to
allow an IP range that passes all the firewall features. Atguard was just
perfect for this, clean simple and it worked up until this last round of
fixes.

Feel free to take the discussion off list, I'll be happy to post the
results.

Geo.