From: dcopley at eeye.com (Drew Copley)
Subject: Microsoft MCWNDX.OCX ActiveX buffer overflow

It is apparently underfunded. They do have a generally slow response to
many issues. As someone that often deals with these databases, I have
noticed that numerous, well proven flaws remain in the candidacy stage
-- with no good reason whatsoever. But, it is free, to me, so I am not
complaining.

Securityfocus and their bid system tends to be quite a bit more useful
in daily research. (Surely, greatly more useful than the CVE
"candidates" which often have little or pointless references, and rarely
ever a reference to the actual information - aka, bugtraq post - which
propelled the creation of the bug in the first place.

Now, this said, such statements should not be seen as a "complaint",
rather as useful criticism.

:)