From: mbassett at omaha.com (Bassett, Mark)
Subject: Automating patch deployment

The client that has to be running is the windows auto update client.  It
doesn't require admin privileges unless you want it to.  You can
configure SUS in a lot of different ways.
Unfortunately it won't run on NT4 :(

<snip from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/windowsupdate/sus/susfaq.asp >

Q.  What clients does SUS support?

A.  Your client computers must be running Windows 2000 Professional with
Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later, Windows XP Professional, or Windows 2000
Server with SP2 or later in order to run Automatic Updates. Note:
Windows NT 4.0 is not supported.
</snip>