From: lwc at vapid.ath.cx (Larry W. Cashdollar)
Subject: securing php

Justin,

I recommend for server security and stability sake in a production
environment, to run software on the platform it was developed on.  Atleast
in this case.  So you want to run apache? run it on a *nix variant.  I
have never run IIS so I can't compare it to Windows native http server.

At least what I have seen with software that has been ported from Windows
to UNIX (Solaris in this case) is the differences in security models tend
to fall through the cracks.  I suspect this case might be the same
the other way around.  The nativly written stuff has had longer to bake
etc...

-- Larry C$