From: nick at virus-l.demon.co.uk (Nick FitzGerald)
Subject: SoBig.F strange problem

"Bassett, Mark" <mbassett@...ha.com> wrote:

> Our corporate antivirus software had reached nearly 3000 sobig
> quarantines between 9am and 2pm.  Its quite a nasty little bugger.  The
> most obnoxious thing is the auto-replies from other antivirus software
> replying to our users and confusing them.
>
> "But I didn't send an email to gateway..?"

Really?

With the virus messages weighing in at approx 100 KB each, you find the
replies from others' virus scanners more obnoxious than the egregious
waste of 300 MB of your network bandwidth?

Wow!

If so, can I please transfer my ISP bills to your company?  I very
seldom do as much as 300 MB a day (and never within a five hour window)
and probably average in the low-to-mid 30 MB range so you shouldn't
notice at all...    8-)

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald