From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Schmehl, Paul L)
Subject: Administrivia: Testing Emergency Virus Filter..

Do you really believe this?  I don't.  One only has to look at the Sobig
outbreak yesterday to realize that some subset of the 100% of users out
there will execute an attachment *despite* being repeatedly warned about
the dangers.  My God, when all you have to do is put "See attached file"
in the body and people *still* execute the virus, it becomes self
evident that *no* amount of education is going to completely solve the
problem.

Now, give that there are those kinds of people out there, do you
*really* think Unix is the answer?  If these people are clueless on
Windows, just *imagine* the number of rooted Linux boxes you would have
if everyone switched to Unix.

> Friends don't let friends use Windows.

Friends teach their friends how to *think* for themselves.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member