From: dcopley at eeye.com (Drew Copley)
Subject: JAP back doored

Why is the state of Germany trojanizing applications which may be run by
anyone on the planet?

How is it they believe they have a right to trojanize someone outside of
Germany?

This is blatantly illegal in just about every country outside of
Germany.  Literally.

Are they trying to set a precedent for other countries to follow?

Or, do they believe they are superior to other countries, and they may
invade at will?

<quote>
We know this because the JAP operators immediately warned users that
their IP traffic might be going straight to Big Brother, right? Wrong.
After taking the service down for a few days with the explanation that
the interruption was "due to a hardware failure", the operators then
required users to install an "upgraded version" (ie. a back-doored
version) of the app to continue using the service.

"As soon as our service works again, an obligatory update (version
00.02.001) [will be] needed by all users," the public was told. Not a
word about Feds or back doors.

Fortunately, a nosey troublemaker had a look at the 'upgrade' and
noticed some unusual business in it, such as:

"CAMsg::printMsg(LOG_INFO,"Loading Crime Detection Data....\n");"
"CAMsg::printMsg(LOG_CRIT,"Crime detected - ID: %u - Content:
\n%s\n",id,crimeBuff,payLen);"

and posted it to alt.2600.
</quote>

right&th=f4ef43f695ca29e8&seekm=3f3d3740%241_1%40news.vic.com#link10),
they aren't under a gag. Read it and weep.

--
error <error@...tinthenoise.net>