From: dufresne at winternet.com (Ron DuFresne)
Subject: Sobig has a surprise...

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Paul Schmehl wrote:

> --On Friday, August 22, 2003 1:27 PM -0600 Jonathan Grotegut
> <jgrotegut@...ectpointe.com> wrote:
> >
> > Anyone able to verify this with another site (eeye, any other antivirus
> > firm)?
> >
> I can verify this.  I wrote a snort rule that looks for outgoing packets to
> 8998/UDP and I saw machines hitting 20 unique IPs on that port.  So I can
> confirm that it is true.

Nick FitzGerald's reply to "Compton, Rich" <RCompton@...rtercom.com>,
Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] Anybody know what Sobig.F has downloaded?,
was excellent, and very informative for a large skillbase, and yet the two
postings by Jerry Heidtke <jheidtke@...h.edu>, Subject: RE:
[Full-Disclosure] Sobig has a surprise..., leave in doubt the issue if
this is the end of the sobig.f issue, I saw nothing posted so far to
indicate that all the systems those infected were to grab code/additional
address info, had been intercepted.

Anyone have more details to the other addresses?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.