From: jbarbo1 at umbc.edu (jbarbo1@...c.edu)
Subject: towards a taxonomy of Information Assurance
     (IA)

While I have little to no experience with this type of problem I offer two
observations. First, the whole concept of providing a taxonomy for IA
seems near impossible with the everchanging technology. Looking at your
diagrams, there are technologies already missing. As new things happen,
the taxonomy is going to have to be continuously updated. Second, have you
thought about looking at this on the other side of the fence, I just read
a paper that uses ontologies instead of taxonomies. Might want to look at
it, can be found at http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/584845.html.

Best of luck to you though.