From: mds at helices.org (Michael D Schleif)
Subject: CERT Employee Gets Owned

Nelson <nelson-brito@...com.br> [2003:08:26:15:32:27-0300] scribed:
> > You have *zero* knowledge about *this* incident.  And *that* was my
> > point.  It's bad enough that the damn news media speculates about
> > everything under the sun these days.  Why do *we* have to?  What the
> > hell is the point of speculating about all the various possibilities
> > tied to an incident of which every one of us is ignorant?  You may have
> > extensive knowledge of pedophilia, but do you know *anything* other than
> > what you've read in the news (and surely you don't buy that hook, line
> > and sinker, do you?)
>
> The media always speculates about security, as we ever see when a teenager
> releases a WORM.
>
> So, what can we do? Can't we talk about anything that goes to the media?
>
> PLEASE, STOP THE DIGITAL MASTURBATION AND OPEN YOUR EYES. IT'S ABOUT SECURITY,
> IT'S A BIG ISSUE, CAUSE IT'S ABOUT CERT.
>
> PS: Is he a friend of yours?

Is there *NO* line?

What if he'd been arrested on _suspicion_ of complicity in a liquor
store robbery?

Or, what if you don't like the way he looks at your girlfriend?

If his current charges -- alone -- are grounds for suspecting his entire
professional life and professional output, where do we draw that line?

--
Best Regards,

mds