From: jheidtke at fmlh.edu (Jerry Heidtke)
Subject: Authorities eye MSBlaster suspect

Except that teekid had nothing to do with either the original Blaster
worm (which is apparently what Stephen Clowater assumed) or
Nachia/Welchia/Blaster.D, which is the worm Jeremiah Cornelius refers
to.

Here's the whois for his domain:
Domain: t33kid.com

 Registrant (JP397-IYD-REG)
   Jeff Parson
   root@...kid.com
   603 8th Ave S.
   Hopkins, Minnesota 55343 US
   +1.1111111111

 Administrative (JP421-IYD)
   TeeKid
   Rooted Networks
   root@...kid.com
   Information Not Given
   Information Not Given, Information Not Given 11111 US
   +1.1111111111

 Billing (JP421-IYD)
   TeeKid
   Rooted Networks
   root@...kid.com
   Information Not Given
   Information Not Given, Information Not Given 11111 US
   +1.1111111111

 Technical (JP421-IYD)
   TeeKid
   Rooted Networks
   root@...kid.com
   Information Not Given
   Information Not Given, Information Not Given 11111 US
   +1.1111111111

 Record created on November 30, 2001
 Record last updated on February 04, 2003
 Record expires on November 30, 2003

 Domain Name Servers:
   NS1.ZONEEDIT.COM
   NS2.ZONEEDIT.COM

Here's the Google cache of his web server:

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:FEZleHDR3mcJ:t33kid.com/+teekid&hl=
en&ie=UTF-8

What teekid did was take the original Blaster.A, decompress it, rename
msblast.exe to penis32.exe, and use a hex-editor to change a few strings
inside the executable. He didn't even recompress it. This "version" then
became known as Blaster.B. Not very "l33t". According to TrendMicro,
Blaster.B infected all of 16 computers. If he hadn't released the
variant, you wouldn't have noticed any difference, even assuming that
Trend's stats may be low by two orders of magnitude.

The Nachia/Welchia/Blaster.D worm was written by someone who goes by the
handle of Sowhat. He/she posted the source at
https://www.xfocus.net/bbs/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=26924. Quite a piece
of work. I'm not aware of any traces left by the original author of
Blaster.A

Sometimes it helps to have some facts before calling for blood.

Jerry