From: dcopley at eeye.com (Drew Copley)
Subject: JAP back doored

<snip>

> > Your arguments have nothing to do with the argument at hand
> which is
> > quite
> > simple: Governments should have no right to force
> developers to trojanize
> > their applications and keep silent about it.

Apparently, this entire email is from someone that wants to argue over the definition of the word "government" here. They take offense at me saying "the German Government did this", though they have no problem saying, "The US government did that".

Regardless, I stand by my statement, above, which is exceedingly simple. (And, this statement does not even mention "German", nor "US".)

<snip>

> I think you should stop for a minute and try to learn the
> difference between Germany (country), the German state, the
> German government and the German judicial system.
>
> "Germany" did nothing.

Case in point.

> If you want to talk about the German government you could
> talk about http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten

Cool. Just like what the US does. Lotsa of programs like that.

Case in point.

<snip... A lot of other cases in point>

Costa, I do not condemn people that use the word "government" vaguely. There is no reason to. You do condemn people that do this. Yet, you do this yourself. Why be a hypocrite over a rule which is so meaningless that you had to make it up?

That is a rhetorical question. I do not need your "answer".

Your replies were ludicrous and hypocritical.

Even if I bothered defending myself, I would be defending mostly things I did not say.

If you want to foam at the mouth on these issues I would suggest alt.hate.USA or something, rather than here.

And, yeah, under an assumed name, I have released an anonymizing agent, and that was why I posted on this issue. I did not do it because of anti-German prejudice. In fact, my same group has also released an application by a German developer. My concern, though it may have sounded nationalistic, was not. But, I have already said this, and will not again.

Any further emails will be plonked. Maybe you can post on something regarding security.