From: cmeeusen at bnl.gov (Meeusen, Charles D)
Subject: Keeping IE up to date on a Windows Server

(posted this morning to NTBugTraq but I guess Russ is busy)

Wondering what other's thoughts are on the maintenance of Internet Explorer
on a Windows (NT4 or W2K) server. Specifically, what about the default IE4
installed on an NT4 machine? Patch it? Update it to the latest version?
Admins claim they would never websurf on the server but...who knows...? That
promise notwithstanding, does keeping IE up to date make sense for other,
less sociological, reasons?

My feeling is that maintaining IE addresses core OS componentry as well,
based on something I read but can't recall exactly. Can anyone point me to a
document or provide evidence arguing one way or the other?

Thanks

Chuck