From: msoda at comcast.net (Marc Soda)
Subject: Foundstone DCOM Scanner

I have come to similar conclusions as well, it's either not accurate,
not easily used in scripts or doesn't scan enough IPs at once.  I have
multiple /16s to scan, so I modified the plugin from nessus.

When I say modified I really only changed it to look at port 135, the
rest is the same.  I'm running nessus, with only that plugin enabled and
every thing else turned off, from the command line (I had problems with
the GUI crashing with a large number of addresses).  It runs faster and
more accurately than any other I have tried.

--
Marc Soda
msoda@...cast.net