From: ynezz at hysteria.sk (Petr Stetiar)
Subject: [TROJAN Win32] Can't identify trojan found on Win98SE box

Hi ALL,

I've found one trojan horse or whatever it is on one Win98SE box today.
I tried to find some info about it on google but didn't found anything.

This file was found in C:\Windows\System directory.
There were 2 unknown files to me actualy: msi2xec16.exe and mpldfg.exe
(both same size and content, verified by MD5)

You can download this file here:

http://takjo.net/mpldfg.exe-

win.ini
----------cut--------------
run=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSI2XEC16.EXE

The same path was found also in registry under RUN key, if someone wants full
key I can post it later.

I'm just curious what kind of trojan it is, because I dont have motivation
to do anything on m$ powered "OS", but maybe someone...

Cheers,

Petr

--
     (@@)  ynezz[at]hysteria[dot]sk | Customer: "I'm running WindowsXP SP39g"  |