From: l8km7gr02 at sneakemail.com (l8km7gr02@...akemail.com)
Subject: ID tags in rental / high-priced retail suits?
 (was:  Admin

> If it is any conciliation,  an IBM rep stated to me in a meeting about
> wireless that they are working on a similar project for Wal-Mart and
> SAMS Club for inventory check-in purposes.  This was a few weeks ago.
> He also mentioned the bit about the dry cleaning houses and tracking
> which uniforms should be replaced after so many trips to the dry
> cleaner.  It is true as far as I'm concerned.  I see no reason what the
> representative would have to gain by lying about it.  This is cutting
> edge technology that is just coming to surface.

Good morning Chad,

I wholeheartedly agree that the technology exists and that there are
implementations in the works all over the place -- I just want to make
sure that we stick to reality.  When we have places like Sam's Club and
parent Wal-Mart who really are prepared to field test RFID technology,
it dilutes the issue to say that, "this has been going on for over 5
years already in one of the largest high-street retailers".

I don't blame the previous poster for wanting to come across as a guy
'in the know'.  This list does not benefit from lore-reported-as-fact,
however.

This is Full-Disclosure, was it unreasonable to ask the original author
to disclose?  :)

take care,

Cael