From: hb-fulldisclosure at bsws.de (Henning Brauer)
Subject: openssh remote exploit

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 06:43:17AM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:
> In some mail from Edward W. Ray, sie said:
> > Either your just an ass or an Theo hater or both.
> > Either way, your comments are without merit.  If one looks at the record of
> > OpenBSD and OpenSSH it is certainly way better than the other software out
> > there.
> Really ?  I think you'll find that there are quite a number of people,
> aside from myself, who think that the "1 exploit in X years" is on one
> end of it as misleading and the other end, a lie, excluding this current
> openssh problem.

so? the statement is entirely true.
proof that the current problem (which is in really really old code
from the original ssh btw) is remotely exploitable and we increase the
counter.

i find it quite disgusting that you need to use any forum that even
remotely touches openbsd to spread this FUD.

hb@...s.de - henning@...nbsd.org
(Dennis Ritchie)