From: khermansen at ht-technology.com (Kristian Hermansen)
Subject: Google FILTERS searches for possible DMCAinfringable content!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "myuu" <myuu@...o.com>
To: "Kristian Hermansen" <khermansen@...technology.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 1:56 AM

> First off this has been in place for a couple weeks, second it was
> pretty well publicized when it was added.
>
> Anyway, would you rather not see any notice at all? Seems more
> reasonable that they would at least admit to it.

Even if it is old news, which I was unaware, the Kazaa filtering is new as of September 12th.  I can't believe that it is even possible to allow this kind of activity.  What is going to happen if this sets a precedent for other companies?  I don't want every company in the world writing letters to Google referencing the DMCA and not allowing me to get my search results.  That's ludicrous!  The internet was created to be a medium for information exchange.  Google of all people should fight this since they are an information querying engine.  What ever happened to the Freedom of Information Act?  Guess it went right out the window with all of our civil rights after 9/11...