From: hackerwacker at cybermesa.com (james)
Subject: Fw: Removal of wildcard A records from .com and .net zones

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Larson" <mlarson@...isign.com>
To: <nanog@...og.org>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 3:50 PM

:
: VeriSign was directed by ICANN to suspend the Site Finder service by
: 0100 UTC on Sunday, October 5.  We requested an extension from ICANN
: to give more notice to the community but were denied.  We will be
: removing the wildcard A records from the .com and .net zones beginning
: at 2300 UTC on Saturday, October 4.  The former behavior for these
: zones (returning Name Error/RCODE=3 in response to queries for
: nonexistent domain names) will be in place by 0100 UTC on Sunday,
: October.
:
: Matt
: --
: Matt Larson <mlarson@...isign.com>
: VeriSign Naming and Directory Services