From: jonathan at nuclearelephant.com (Jonathan A. Zdziarski)
Subject: Has Verisign time arrived ?

The issue isn't the service itself...the issue is the large number of
privacy violations combined with Verisign's anti-competitive history
(http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/verisign.html).  Is catching a
type-o really worth the risk of your personal information, passwords,
session ids, and addresses of the people you email getting out to
marketing agencies?  I think not.

A type of type-o catch is a great idea, and should definitely be
implemented __as a software solution__ in web browsers...where it
doesn't affect the entire Internet community, and there is less of a
privacy risk.  Then, any privacy issues you DO have can be easily
remedied by using a better browser.

Jonathan