From: dowlingg at sullcrom.com (Dowling, Gabrielle)
Subject: Mystery DNS Changes

I haven't seen anything that indicates the hosts file and registry files have changed from those originally described.  Aolfix will be gone when you look since it deletes itself after doing the other changed.

Some of the registry keys that were discussed on this list previously are guids for nics that would of course vary.  Symantec has full info, and also a removal tool that will at least help with the registy entries.

This self removal aspect of qhostsis rather a nasty, and should be noted.  We had one av workstation detection today due to the temporary internet files haing an affected hta file, but given that we clear those on restart and that the exeutable deletes itself, av is probably of no help for already affectewd boxes, so we'll have to implement other things to check that.