From: jonathan at nuclearelephant.com (Jonathan A. Zdziarski)
Subject: Spam with PGP

> Just exactly *HOW* do you measure ``literally 100%''?

E.g. over the past four months or so, every single spam that has come
through has been caught.

> How do you account for false positives and false negatives?

Haven't had any of either in four months.

> Do you manually examine every message, whether or not flagged as spam?

Yes.  I go through my quarantine box daily to detect false positives,
and would know if I received a spam.

> As impressive as that phrase ``literally 100%'' is, I am considerably
> skeptical.  I have never -- in thirty years -- found any software
> utility that can beat five-nines statistics.

I'm not suggesting DSPAM is capable of this for every user - and I am
certain that I will receive some spam eventually to ruin my golden
streak, as there are always new types of spams to learn.  My wife
doesn't get 100%; she's been getting around 99% until I tinkered with
dictionary lately (she's one of my guinnea pigs)..and I've talked to
some users who are only getting around 95%...please don't think I'm
trying to suggest my solution is the end-all-be-all solution.  But as
for me, yes I'm getting 100% so far.

http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/