From: lists at onryou.com (Cael Abal)
Subject: Signed e-mail vs. turning off HTML mail under
 XP

> Alas, the Continue button was just text, just as the tick box to not show me
> this help screen again was not there. This means I'll have to re-enable HTML
> mail, and wait for the next signed mail to arrive.....to turn it off. I
> wonder what will happen to messages that have been tampered with when I have
> turned off HTML mail? I will probably get a warning, but will not be able to
> go beyond that, since it is in ASCII and that does not (AFAIK) support nice
> buttons. So in order to enable signed mail, I will have to enable HTML in my
> mail....

Good evening Yossarian,

I'm sorry, do I understand correctly when you say that the mechanism for
verifying / managing signed e-mail seemed to be included within the
e-mail itself -- in html, no less?  Although I'm unfamiliar with
certificate-based digitally-signed e-mail (I'm a pgp/gpg kind of guy) I
can't help but be very suspicious.

Also, you mentioned that the machine will be used for business purposes
and (directly?) connected to the internet.  Might I recommend against
using OE for e-mail?  Mozilla Thunderbird is what I recommend for
Microsoft folks.

take care,

Cael