From: tedu at stanford.edu (Ted Unangst)
Subject: openssh exploit code?

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, security snot wrote:

> ISS' X-Forces claim to have created a working proof-of-concept code for
> the bug.  Are you calling those respectable young men and woman liars?  Or

Can you provide a reference please?
The latest advisory on their web page says
"... the possibility for remote code execution is yet
unproven. There are unconfirmed rumors that there is an exploit in the
wild for this vulnerability."
and
"Details of this vulnerability have been discussed in public forums and
there are rumors of compromises in the wild. These rumors are
unsubstantiated as of the publication time of this advisory."

--
"I am clearly more popular than Reagan.  I am in my third term.
Where's Reagan?  Gone after two!  Defeated by George Bush and