From: mjcarter at ihug.co.nz (Mike)
Subject: Hacker suspect says his PC was hijacked

OK my point was (sorry I didn't state it accurately enough)that you can't
compare cars to computers becuase the warrantee/fitness needed for a car to
be allowed on the road is massively different to having a computer on the
internet because firstly the car needs to be legally on the road and
secondly the driver needs to be licenced e.g tested and past an exam to use
the road.

For example in this country to operate a car you need:
1/To have a licence to drive
2/Your car has to be licenced to be on the road
3/Your car needs a warrant of fitness signifing that it is safe

note: you can't get 2/ unless you have 3/ and if you don't have 1/ then you
don't have a car.

All regardless of where you buy the car from.

If there is a known defect and/or recall for the model of car you are using,
you have to take it in and get it fixed otherwise you are not legaly safe on
the road.

The hardware thing (the way I ment it) "physicaly" when hardware crashes it
hurts/kills, when software crashes it's more a pain in the butt than
anything!

Harry I eco your thoughts! :-)

Cheers
Mike