From: etomcat at freemail.hu (Feher Tamas)
Subject: Prosecutors admit error in whistleblower conviction

>McDanel has already served his full 16-month prison term.

Any educated guesses on the amount of compensation he could
receive?

I wouldn't settle below seven digits USD, a personal apology from a
high-ranking person in the judicary branch and a pledge that DOJ will
arrange (and if needed, pay for) media coverage of the dismissal news
to equal or exceed the publicity of his charging and conviction.

I feel it is important to remain tough. Mr. McDanel could boost freedom
of security research by hurting authorities through their pockets and
educate them not to interfere in such matters.

Thanks, Tamas Feher.