From: daniel.merriott at bbc.co.uk (Daniel Merriott)
Subject: New Microsoft security bulletins today

Try this: http://www.susserver.com/Software/SUSreporting/

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Levitsky [mailto:jlevitsk@...hie.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 3:36 AM
To: Zach Forsyth
Cc: Jerry Heidtke; full-disclosure
Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] New Microsoft security bulletins today

On Oct 15, 2003, at 10:00 PM, Zach Forsyth wrote:

> This tool is not bad for some *basic* monitoring:
> http://www.pdxconsulting.com/sus/
>
> /paranoia mode off
> Grab your SUS log files and parse them through that web site...
> /paranoia mode returned to normal

That's what I've been using..... It works well to see that all seems to
be working as expected.  I was going to setup another tool that sends
the log data in to a SQL server so you can have all the data in one
place and work with it. (I have 2 SUS boxes so 2 sets of logs.)

--
Joshua Levitsky, CISSP, MCSE
System Engineer

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.