From: frobozz at frotz.us (j)
Subject: FW: Last Microsoft Patch

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 17:41, Jeremiah Cornelius wrote:

> This is the latest take on the same old trojan that' sbeen circulating for
> close to two months now.
>
> The biggest effect I can see this as having is a conceptual Denial of Service
> against the public's trust in patching and remote updates.  "Now I just don't
> know what's safe."

My favorite 'take' was the following - it shows how swen adapts to what it
/thinks/ the current date is...

> Microsoft Partner
>
> this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2009,
> Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security
> vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS

This one killed me - ROFLMAO.

I've gotten about 250 swens, every single one sent to an email address
that appears solely on the Netfilter mailing list.  That doesn't bode
well for Linux firewalling, perhaps... ;^)

MCP.  Defenestrator.  Cynic.