From: thalm at netcabo.pt (thalm)
Subject: Strange netcat behavior

Yes, that is correct.
But my point is why does netcat defaults to a LF behavior (don't know if there is the option of sending CRLF instead of LF) and telnet defaults defaults to CRLF ?

netcat is very much used to "talk" to HTTP servers. So why does netcat does not use by default CRLF ?
Again, this breaks HTTP RFC rules concerning HTTP server and HTTP client behavior...