From: lists at onryou.com (Cael Abal)
Subject: JAP Wins Court Victory

> The JAP folks have won a major court victory.
> See their site.
> http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html
>
> Since you ran all the negative side of their
> backdoor activity, how about running the new
> positive outlook - anonymity has a bright
> future and JAP is cool.  And the German courts
> are not all bad.
>
> Ever considered that the spooks would not have
> needed a court order if they knew how to crack
> JAP?  It's solid code.  Do your due diligence
> and follow up on the negative headlines with
> the good news now.

Tarapia,

This doesn't change how the JAP folks behaved -- the correct course of
action would have been for them to have notified their users of the
request to backdoor JAP immediately.  I fear the JAP people have lost a
fair amount of credibility and it'll take more than a, "JAP is okay
again!  Trust us!" before they regain the world's trust.

Please lets not rehash the backdoor issue.

As for the idea that the existence of a court order somehow proves the
robustness of a certain piece of code, well, that's just silly.  Cops
aren't software developers, they're cops.  Court orders are their tools
of choice, not disassemblers.

Cael