From: arcturus at secrev.net (Arcturus)
Subject: RE: Linux (in)security

Ahh,

True, true, but:

For those of us who secure Microsoft Systems and Networks for fun and
profit, we understand the vulnerabilities just as you do for your linux/unix
systems.  We simply use alternate approaches to security.

In lieu of securing the actual box, we put a firewall (running linux/unix)
in front of it.  Then, we use a simple approach of "that which is not
expressly allowed, is expressly denied" in our policies, and voila.
Secured.

Now OF COURSE, I am over simplifying, it wouldn't matter what type of system
was behind the firewall if the rules were not tight enough, but, the simple
fact still remains:  The majority of the world's corporations are using
Microsoft for their platform of choice, so, we are simply changing with the
times...

Just for the record, this was written in Outlook, and sent out via a secured
system, that happens to run a Microsoft OS.

I would completely agree with Edward, "It's not the OS, it?s the operator"

Just my 2?, YMMV.

Arcturus.