From: Richard.Hopkins at bristol.ac.uk (Richard Hopkins)
Subject: FW: Citibank E-mail Verification

--On Thursday, October 23, 2003 11:23 PM -0500 ASG Bobby Brown
<bbrown@....com> wrote:

> Another attempt at tricking a user in providing account information and
> pin number again received. I am sure they will get their allotment of
> numbers.  ------------------------------------------------------
> Tracked back to -
> dp0s9b.mail333.com resolves to 80.68.244.65
> Registrant:
> CJSC Publishing house RosBusinessConsulting (LXMFFPSJYD)
>    78, Profsouznaya st.
>    Moscow 117393
>    RU
>
>    Domain Name: MAIL333.COM
>
>    Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
>       CJSC Publishing house RosBusinessConsulting  (35544600O)
> hosting@....ru       78, Profsouznaya st.
>       Moscow 117393
>       RU
>       +7 095 3631111 fax: +7 095 3631125

> Bobby

Exactly the same scam (same source) has been used to target NatWest bank
customers....

Dear NatWest Bank Member,

This email was sent by the NatWest server to verify your e-mail
address. You must complete this process by clicking on the link
below and entering in the small window your NatWest login ID,
Password and PIN.
This is done for your protection --- because some of
our members no longer have access to their email addresses and
we must verify it.

To verify your e-mail address and access your bank account,
click on the link below. If nothing happens when you click on the
link (or if you use AOL), copy and paste the link into
the address bar of your web browser.

http://www.natwest.com:ac=tQpGuRzXjV20WcCuQVb2@...rlf.MaIl333.CoM/3/?4AwKtm
FV331xUrd

       Thank you for using NatWest!