From: warchild at spoofed.org (Jon Hart)
Subject: Is bugtraq even worth it anymore?

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 12:44:50PM -0600, David M wrote:
> It would seem that the bugtraq folks think that security issues cease to
> exist on weekends, or even after "normal business hours" these days.
> It's a shame really.
> Once upon a time, pre-symantec it seems, it used to be a viable and
> pertinent list. I'm debating unsubscribing, since it's down to maybe a
> dozen posts a week at this point and just doesn't seem worth the effort to
> read posts that are 3, even 4, days old.

I've also seen issues where posts that are 100% legitimate and on-topic
are returned to the original poster because, according to the list
daemon, the moderator failed to act on the post.

Its bad enough when posts are delayed, but its equally bad when
perfectly legit posts (in response to an on-going thread) are dropped on
the floor because the moderators of verious securityfocus lists are
non-existant or too slow to act.

Security is a 25 hour a day, 8 day a week business.  Its too bad many of
the securityfocus lists have deteriorated into a forum that is
oftentimes many days delayed or driven by corporate bullying and
brown-nosing.

-jon