From: tim-security at sentinelchicken.org (Tim)
Subject: Shortcut...... may cause 100% cpu use!!!

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 06:02:41AM -0800, Bipin Gautam wrote:

> --[Effected]--
> The exploit has been tested in WINDOWS xp
>
> --[Description]--
> Running a specially crafted "shortcut" that points to itself! IF executed through 'Windows Explorer' or IE may cauze 100% cpu use... THAT CAN LEAD TODoS in the victim.
>

> --[Simple! proof of concept]--
> http://www.geocities.com/visitbipin/shortcut.zip
>
> [Note: You *may* have to RUN the 'shortcut' few* time's to have a effective 100% CPU use...]
>

> EXTRACT this file and copy it to c:\   [root] and double click IT... or open it through IE after copying it in c:\
>

> PS: Anyone willing to craft* it for IIS        (O;
>
> --[credit]--
> Bipin Gautam (hUNT3R)

I haven't looked at your shortcut file(s) yet, but it sounds like the
same as:
  http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/315151

If you find something like this on your own, at least do a *little*
googling before reporting to a list.  Else, sound like a fool.  If you
are blatantly ripping off other peoples' stuff, well, shame on you.

tim