From: kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com (Karl DeBisschop)
Subject: Fw: Red Hat Linux end-of-life update and
	transition planning

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 14:11, Tim Groninga wrote:
> Got the same f-you-gram today - already figuring out what distro to
> fall back to but 99% of my experience has been on Redhat. No time to
> try them all....so FreeBSD/SuSE/Mandrake - what are your opinions of
> each? Flexiblity, ease of use, ease of migration, security etc.

You might want to Fedora keep that in the mix for a few reasons:

1) It is derived from the RedHat severn beta, so you'll be familiar with
the way it's put together.

2) With the yum updater, upgrading from 9 is a snap.

That being said, I will definitely be watching to see if the Fedora
release gets timely security patches etc. But Red Hat does provide
material support to the Fedora project (hosting, etc.) so I'm not quite
so willing to accuse Red Hat of blowing off the community entirely.

--
Karl