From: jonathan at nuclearelephant.com (Jonathan A. Zdziarski)
Subject: Re: Fw: Red Hat Linux end-of-life update and
	transition planning

> Were you a customer? Was Red Hat actually deriving any revenue from the
> machines you were running Red Hat Linux on besides a trickle of money
> for Red Hat Network subscriptions? If not, why do you think they should
> be concerned about what you run now?

It's called bait and switch.  By providing a free solution over time,
they've managed to generate a captive audience of RedHat users (arguably
by deception) and are now cashing in on the false premise that their
software was actually free... informing their cattle that they will have

 1. Pay additional infrastructure costs to upgrade
 or
 2. Pay additional infrastructure costs to migrate to something else

In my home town, this is equivalent to getting pulled over for following
too closely, then arrested for sodomy.  Is it legal?  Sure... Is it
ethical? Hell no.