From: full-disclosure at royds.net (Bill Royds)
Subject: News from the future

You need to read the story of a Canadian citizen named Maher Arar, an Otawa
software engineer, who by chance sold some PCs to a company that then sold
them to al Qaeda. The United States arranged for him to be tortured in a
Syrian jail for a year after he landed in New York City while changing
planes from Zurich to Ottawa.
   Joe McCarthy never did that.