From: tmayr at kitcon.net (Thorsten Mayr)
Subject: pc-anywhere (version 9.2) - telnet kills service

doing a telnet on standard pc anywhere port 5631 onto a running pcanywhere service (running on a w2k sp4),
lead to a kill of  the service/deamon. Though (old known bug the service doesn?t appear to be not working looking him up on the services snapin)
I haven?t heard of that before... though I am aware that 9.2 is a rather old version, but there are companys who won?t buy new licences all day.....
all I found about is http://lists.insecure.org/lists/vuln-dev/2001/Aug/0019.html this one
though I don?t need as described 300 - 500 conenctions.
1 or 2 are enough.

thought it might of value for some...
(same happened on a nt 4.0 sp6a)

rgds