From: listas at istf.com.br (Marcos Machado)
Subject: Sniffing ICQ traffic

Luiz Gustavo wrote:

> "Anti-Hackers Internet Informatica Ltda."
>
> For a second I got really scared of your evil intentions, of course you
> should find yourself a better name for a business or whatever you call
> it.

Ok, Mr. 'registrar wizard'... Lets make it clear: this was the name of
an old (97/2000) website about end-user/soho security, a popularity
contest winner in Brazil (Microsoft was in the second place, Xerox in
the third and yes, I'm proud of it). It shows me the, at least, the
'word of the mouth' campaign has worked. ;) This kind of 'popularity'
helps to reach the end-user. The newspapers uses the term "hacker" all
the time. After bring his attention, we start to teach the right
concepts. Totally filantropic...

This website has gone, the domain (used in this mail addr to subscribe
lists) points to my hobby, a forum about security. I'm yet trying to
teach good manners to the kids. And it's a hard job...

I'm professionally working on a "policy enforcement" project. One of its
features is to monitoring IM traffic. So, don't worry about my "evil
intentions". I don't need to steal secrets from my girlfriend ICQ... :)

[]s, MM