From: g0d at mrplaydoh.org (g0d)
Subject: SSH Exploit Request

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 17:00, Vladimir Parkhaev wrote:
> Quoting g0d (g0d@...laydoh.org):
> >
> > life must be wonderful for you. from your post, you clearly don't report
> > to anybody or have anyone to which you must explain your actions if they
> > inadvertently bring down a prod system. i'm sure no one on this list has
> > ever had that happen.
>
> Hate to stick my nose in ths thread... but how updating SSH daemon
> brings down a production system?

my response was not specific to the openssh bug; it was in reply to what
i percieved of as an overly righteous and somewhat short-sighted
statement regarding the patching methodologies in use at many
corporations. in any case, this thread is now pointless. the OP's
initial message has been clarified, as has the response which garnered
my reply.