lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  PHC

From: 3APA3A at SECURITY.NNOV.RU (3APA3A)
Subject: Half Life dedicated server information leak and DoS

Probably is known, but is not documented:

Vendor: Valve software
Software: hlds, all versions (including steam).
Problem: Information leak, DoS
Author: SYZo[SND]

Problem:

in server configuration, if allowdownload = 1, it's possible to download
any file from directory of the current game (cstrike was tested) or from
'valve'  directory  from  server.  Allowdownload  is  required  to allow
clients to retrieve new maps from server.

Impact:

It's   possible   to  download  configuration  files  (like  server.cfg,
configuration files for different mods, etc) with sensitive information,
including  passwords.  Additionally, downloading large file (for example
map) causes server to crash.

"Exploit":

  cmd dlfile server.cfg
  cmd dlfile addons/amx/users.ini