From: bruen at coldrain.net (Stormwalker)
Subject: RE: Yahoo Instant Messenger YAUTO.DLL buffer
 overflow

Just as point of information, the reason fuck, shit, etc are considered
unacceptable in polite society is because the French controlled Britain
for about 300 years many centuries ago. If you look at the polite versions
of these four letter words, you will notice that they are French/Latin
in origin. eg: fornicate, vagina, penis, urinate, feces....

It was simply a language and cultural domination that the descendents of
the dominated culture have not yet given up. Many of these words appear
as early as Chaucer's writings as perfectly acceptable English words. It's
only that people in general mindlessly follow the rules.

Most words in English that have to do with the law, government and
education are French/Latin. And the "four letter word" designation was a
French insult to English because English words were shorter than French
words. That's not as true today because English tends to absorb words from
other languages while the French still try to maintain the purity of
their language.

If you think I am making this up, go read some language history.

I think don't threating to kill GWB is good idea, but Kristian has a
real point in this instance.

                 cheers, bob