From: michael at bluesuperman.com (Michael Gale)
Subject: Antivirus Software Solutions?

Hello,

	I have never heard of Astaro -- what type of firewall does it provide ?
how does it filter http , POP and smtp ?

For desktop A/V Etrust has a nice product.

For mail -- if you want a commercial product ( some companies require
this because then they have "vendor support" -- like a fall guy) I
suggest the mxtreme (www.mxtreme.com). It is a mail gateway with A/V
using Kapersky with a secure OWA proxy. I believe it is the industry
leading standard in anti-spam.

If you do not need a commercial product look at Astaro ... and I would
check out http://lawmonkey.org/anti-spam.html - it has a nice anti-spam
howto right from OS install to the spam features.

I would keep the mail server separate from the firewall box .. the
firewall box should only be used as a firewall. I have had a great deal
of experience with secure mail servers and anti-spam. The anti-spam box
/ mail gateway definitly needs it's own box.

Also I heard the http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/ is a nice solution. I
have not used it my self.

Michael.