From: exibar at thelair.com (Exibar)
Subject: Internet Explorer URL parsing vulnerability - fix available

Agreed.  I also feel that why should a company pay this 3rd party for a
patch for a vulnerability that isn't really *huge* like a slammer or
code-red deal.  I'm sure that Microsoft will patch it, for free.
   If the source isn't available for the 3rd party's patch, how do we know
what it's really doing?  How do we know it isn't a security hazard?  At
least Microsoft is a trusted source, and did I mention free already?

  If a home user is THAT worried about this vulnerability, they're already
aware of what it does and therefore should know better.

  Just wait for Microsoft to release the patch is what I say, FWIW.

Exibar