From: montanatenor at yahoo.com (Montana Tenor)
Subject: Jefferson-Is this a known problem? Trojans?

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine was opening an email in front of me
when her XP machine crashed.  I thought maybe it was a
power spike or something so she powered up and went
back to the email, clicked to view the message from
hotmail.com, the machine powered off again.  She
erased the message before I could forward it to an
offsite machine, but the details as I remember them
were:

Sender=Jefferson (she knows a Jefferson)
Subject=(blank)
Open the message and immediately powers off the
machine.

My question to you is, now that her machine is
possibly comprimised, what tools can I use to check
for trojans or other things that could have been
installed.  I've run her Symantec System Scanning
tool, and it shows no known problems.  Has anyone
heard of this specific message, and is it simply
designed to be annoying or does it install malware on
the machine?  I know this information is vague, any
advise is welcome.

Kindest Regards,
Matt