From: r_i_c_h_lists at btopenworld.com (Richard Maudsley)
Subject: Show me the Virrii!

Hi,

There are not really any virus standards. The only heuristic pattern I have
at present is for detecting mIRC worms, scanning for the ASCII string
"mirc.ini" and "Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" - but I am sure there
are many legit programs out there containing both strings. I'm not really
sure what to look for in virus's, what do packed Trojans have in common?
More research I guess.

-Richard Maudsley

Research funnies: The presence of "NetBus" string in all versions of the
Trojan, including packed files -easy heuristics ;)