From: CTownse1 at ci.tucson.az.us (Casey Townsend)
Subject: Bogus FBI Email

I received the following private reply which makes me think it is NOT W32/Sober-C, as Norton would have caught it.

"An associate of mine had this one hit his computer and he had to start from scratch with a complete
rebuild.
He told me he felt pretty stupid about it because he isn't one of the people
that don't have a clue, but the fact that it was intimidating enough led him
to open the mail and it ran.
It got by Norton as well and he could not recover when it hit him.
That is about all I know about it at this time."

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 09:25:57 MST, Casey Townsend <CTownse1@...tucson.az.us>  said:
> Does anyone know what this virus payload does yet?

W32/Sober-C, I believe.  Consult your favorite AV vendor's info pages for details.